The Heritage Tree
The Dronfield Hall Barn Heritage Tree is situated away in a tranquil setting overlooking the beautiful garden of the Barn. The Barn has long offered families a beautiful and peaceful setting for celebrations, events, memorials and reunions. The Barn is a place where memories are both created and remembered.
The Heritage Tree offers a unique opportunity to celebrate and remember a significant event, person or memory. Each leaf is engraved using a local engraver and the sculpture and leaves have been created using recycled stainless-steel. This is a perfect and alternative method to mark something or someone meaningful to you.
This stainless-steel tree has been commissioned by the Barn and made by renown sculptor Jason Heppenstall. It was at school that Jason’s love and fascination with steel work began. From there he learnt his craft at a sheet metal firm. Working for nearly 30 years with sheet metal taught him how metal behaves and how it can be manipulated into his beautiful creations. At the start of 2013, he decided to become a full-time artist and sculptor. You can see his work all over Derbyshire and Yorkshire from outside the Sheffield Train Station to local pubs.
“the rural environment I was nurtured in really inspires a love of nature, free from the constraints we are trapped in”
£150 per leaf
£40 for a duplicate keepsake leaf
Terms and conditions
• The leaf will be individually engraved, and a proof of your text will be provided which needs confirming as accurate prior to engraving taking place.
• The leaf will be located on the tree at the discretion of Dronfield Heritage Trust.
• The leaf is purchased for an initial period of 10 years. After this term we will endeavour to get in touch with the purchaser of the leaf to see if they would like to renew the duration or the leaf removing. This will be done via the contact details provided on this form. If you, as the purchaser change your personal details; please get inform Dronfield Heritage Trust- for your peace of mind, we will then confirm via email or letter, we have amended your details.
• The tree is fully insured, in the event of damage, we will replace the structure and/or leaves as soon as reasonably practicable.
• The purchaser is entitled to request the removal of the leaf, this must be done in writing. The Trust will do so within 28 days of the request and will confirm with you by email or letter once completed.
• Dronfield Hall Barn does not permit the laying of floral tributes, soft toys and ornaments, cards for anniversaries, photographs, decorative vases or urns, or any other form of tribute at the site of the tree. The scattering of ashes in the gardens is prohibited.
• The decision of Dronfield Heritage Trust Trustees is final in all matters pertaining to the Heritage Tree.