- Sort by Popularity
The official guide to the 14-and-a-half mile Dronfield Rotary Walk.
Fancy exploring Dronfield? Purchase our complete set of family walk leaflets!
Nowadays it is hard to imagine that Dronfield ever had any connection with the Derbyshire Lead Industry. It comes as a surprise to most people to hear that the oldest houses in the town and surrounding countryside were built through the profits of this trade.
- Chapter One - The Derbyshire Lead Trade
- Chapter Two - The Burtons of Cartledge, Holmesfield and Dronfield
- Chapter Three - The Emergence of the Rotherhams of Dronfield
- Chapter Four - Dronfield Hall
- Chapter Five - John Rotherham II, The Entrepreneur
- Chapter Six - The End of an Era
The survival of what was once a high quality medieval house inside the barn that now forms the core of the Dronfield Heritage Centre surprised many people. But Dronfield has many surprises from its medieval past once we start looking for them.
- Chapter One - Dronfield and its Ancient Parish
- Chapter Two - The Parish Church, Beauchief Abbey and Henry Fanshawe’s School
- Chapter Three - The Guild of St Mary and St John the Baptist
- Chapter Four - Timber-Framed Buildings
- Chapter Five - Dronfield Hall Barn
Issue 37 of Miscellany is available now! Usually published bi-annually, this issue is a special Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter 2020 edition priced at £3.50. Included inside are some of the following features:
- The 'Unknown' Gosforth Collieries - James Cartwright
- Dronfield's Working River or the Valley of the River Drone - Ann Brown
- 150 years of Dronfield Station - The Past, The Present, and The Future - Judith Vernier
- St James' Retail Park - Jean Kendal
- What a Coincidence or a Mystery Solved! - Jean Kendal and Judith Vernier
- Oh Mr Poplar, what did you do? - Judith Vernier
A package of our exhibition publications - including A Stroll Along Dronny Bottom, and Dronfield's Untold Stories.
Discover Dronfield's history with the first of our fascinating heritage trail booklets - available for just £3!
A new publication available from Dronfield Hall Barn - "Grandma's Garden" by Dave Darwent. If you enjoyed Cynthia Ramsden's books, "Garden Tales" or "A Garden in My Life", this publication is for you!
A Stroll Along Dronny Bottom - the publication that was produced as part of Dronfield Heritage Dronfield Bottom exhibition in 2018.
Dronfield's Untold Stories - the publication that was produced as part of Dronfield Heritage Trust's WW1 exhibition in January 2019.